Monday, June 2, 2008

Sad News

Last night we found out my OBGyn passed away. This was devastating news because he was a good friend of my family and it also scared me because I didn't know who my new doctor was going to be. As you know this baby could come any day and I was terrified because I didn't know who was going to deliver my little boy.

You moms know how important it is to have a good relationship with your doctor because childbirth is pretty intimate and also very scary. I had complete trust and faith in my doctor and I knew me and my baby would be in good hands. They've transferred me to the other doctor in his office, and I've been told he is really good, but I'm going to have to form a trusting relationship with this person in three weeks or less. I'm sure everything will be fine but this has definitely elevated my stress level.

I am so sad for the family members of this man and he was such a nice and wonderful person.

10 comments:

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin said...

Isn't it so sad. Not sure if you knew but Dr. Ryser was Dan's uncle. His family is just so shocked and surprised and I hear he was a wonderful OB. I'm sure the other Drs. are great and just remember to be calm and your delivery will go great, whoever your dr ends up being.

Barb said...

I'm so sorry! What a tragedy! I hope that you can feel comfortable with your new doctor- I'm sure he is wonderful, too!

Bart and Michelle said...

How sad!! Who is your doctor? What happened? That is seriously so sad. When I was prego with Spencer, my doctor left town for the last month of my pregnancy, so we had a different doctor deliver. I was so stressed and bummed when I found out, yet it ended up still being a great experience. I'm sure you'll be fine. Once that baby arrives you don't even seem to notice the doctor in the room! :) I'm really sorry about your doctor!

Heidi said...

that is sad. I was not able to have my doctor when I delivered Katie, because I had to be transferred to a different hospital since she was early. Anyway, I loved the other doctor, I had such a good experience I tried to switch to her (too bad she moved). I am sure you will have a good experience. good luck

Steve and Liz Evans said...

No kidding...What happened? How sad.. My doc is pretty good. Dr. Cannon at the Avenus Womens Center

Lindsay said...

So I know you dont know my but I saw your blog from Danielle's. I am good family friends with the Reiser's too. So so sad that this happened. I am writting you because He was my ob but happened to be out of town when I went into labor. I was so nervous because I trusted him so much (and that is so important) Dr. Langeland delivered me (which is the other Dr. they are talking about in his office) and he did such a great job. I even had complications and he was great. Just thought I would let you know that for a bit of peace of mind. I know no one can compare to Dr. Reiser..but I hope this helps you know that (even though you dont know me) Dr. Langland is a great Dr. too. Good luck!!

Bart and Michelle said...

Hey, sorry to comment again, but I now know who Dr. Reiser is. He is also a good friend of my family--and he was my mom's OBGYN who delivered me and Kayley. This news really is so sad! I made the connection when my mom and dad were telling me about the news. Anyway, good luck with your new doc.

w and w said...

We're so sad we didn't get to visit with you two. We thought about how stressful for you that was all Sun. night. But how hard can it be in the future right? We're going to visit you darnit!

w and w said...

I just read your comments after I published my comment. I had no idea it was Dr. Reiser! I saw him a couple of times too. My main Dr. was Dr. Langeland and I loved him. Annie's birth was somewhat dramatic and he delivered her with so much composure and grace. Truly, if that's your new doc, you're in good hands.