Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby Update

Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement and support! I met with Dr. Langeland this morning and he was very nice. He will be taking over my labor and delivery and I feel so much better after meeting him. Now at least I have the name of a doctor to give the hospital when I go into labor.

This situation is still really tough and I'm so sad for Dr. Reiser's family and his co-workers. Going to his office today was hard and I'm so glad Dr. Langeland is willing to add me as one of his patients for now. I think my stress level has decreased a little and now I can focus on the fact that in a couple weeks or less I will be a mom!

Now for the update: I am dilated at 1 cm and I am 50% effaced. It doesn't look like this baby will be coming this week but I guess you never know. I will try to keep you updated.

4 comments:

Trevor and Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trevor and Jordan said...

Brynn,
I'm glad you have met your new dr. When I had Lyla I didn't get to have my dr. deliver her, because she wasn't the on call dr. for that day. The dr. that delivered Lyla I hadn't met before, but I really liked him. He was really composed and nice given the complications we had. I hope everything goes well and your not in labor for 2 days like I was.

Hickman Clan said...

Wahoo! You have started to progress and that's always good to hear because there is FINALLY a light at the end of the tunnel:) Can't wait to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

My older sister went to Dr. Reiser and she is also pregnant again... She did have Dr. Langeland deliver her last baby though and she really liked him! Good Luck with everything!