Gavin Dale
Wednesday, June 18th @ 2:04 p.m.
7 lbs 12 oz
20 inches
He is finally here and I still can't believe it. We are so grateful to have our baby boy and words can't express how much I love him already. He is such a joy in our lives and I look forward to every second with him; yes, even the late nights, well maybe not the really late nights. :)
Here's a quick recap of the labor:
-I woke up at 2 a.m. on Tuesday night with contractions. I woke Jesse up around 3:00 and we were off to the hospital
-I checked-in at the hospital and was dilated at 2 cm and after an hour had made progress to 3 cm so we knew I was progressing
-around 7 a.m. I received the heavenly epidural and continued to dilate for the next few hours
-at noon I was fully dilated and ready to push. Every time I would push Gavin's heartrate would drop and they learned he was posterior; meaning he was face up when he needed to be face down. Luckily they were able to turn him during a contraction and all was well. I was so grateful about this because they were starting to talk about C-sections and that scared me, but it all turned out.
-after pushing for two hours he finally joined the world. I've never been so tired and happy all at the same time!
I am so grateful this little miracle is ours and we fall in love everytime we look at him!
18 comments:
congrats!! he is so cute! i keep looking to see if you have posted pictures! we are so happy for you!
We have been waiting and waiting to see your sweet little boy - isn't it great that he is finally out of you!! It's such a miracle! We are so excited for you guys... you guys make such a cute little family. Hope you are doing well Brynn. We would love to come see you when you are feeling better
Congratulations! What a little darling guy!
Yeah! You did it early:) He is so sweet. I can't wait to meet him! Hope that you are feeling lots better now.
Congratulations! Wow, he is beautiful and perfect! What a handsome little guy. We are so happy for you guys that he finally came. So exciting!
he is so perfect and cute! I love his sweet little face! I am so jealous your little guy has arrived! Keep the pictures coming, I was waiting all weekend to see more of the little guy after your text last week! Many congrats!
Wow Brynn Gavin is Beautiful. Can I say that even though he is a boy. Congrats I am so glad everything went well for you.
what a perfect looking baby, i am glad to see pics. Congratulations!
Hooray! He is here and is SOOOO cute!!! Seriously, he is a very cute newborn! :) I'm glad everything went well and you are both doing well. We are SO excited for you guys! Congrats and keep posting pictures coming!
He is so adorable! He is the perfect mix of you both =) I kept looking to see if you'd had him! You weren't in labor that long! Keep the pictures coming! Congratulations
Hi Brynn- It's Katie Steuri from East...I just found your blog and saw your cute little baby! Congrats! You have such a cute family!
YEAH! Congratulations. I'm happy to see everything went well for you.
Congratulations Brynn! I am so happy to welcome a new Ute into the world!
Brynn, Gavin was 2 days early just like Lyla. I can't wait to meet him, while we are in town. He is super cute. I hope everything is going well and you and Jesse are both adjusting. Being a mom is the best, and being a dad is awesome, says Trevor. well congrats...
Brynn-
Congrats! Gavin looks like a stud. Kristin and I are really happy for you guys (Kristin is especially happy for you because she understands the whole pregnancy thing better than I).
Enjoy every second. He will grow up fast.
Congratulations Brynn! This is Lexi's friend Ashley. I hope you don't mind I like to peek at your blog from time to time. :) Little Gavin is adorable! What a wonderful and exciting time! Little boys are the best! Congrats again!
brynn congrats. he is so adorable! sorry i am a little late. but i am so happy for you guys
I am so thrilled for you guys. He is adorable!!! Glad everything went well with the labor... Call me when you get a chance... we just got back in town and I would love to come see you and little Gavin. So sweet!!
Post a Comment