The first night we were there (New Years Eve) there was a Utah Pep Rally going on and all the players were there. Marcus was very brave and got his photo taken with Brian Johnson, Louie Sakoda and Paul Kruger. Way to go Marcus!
The next day we took a trolley ride through the Garden District. We got to see all the beautiful mansions and some pretty amazing architecture.
That night my office threw a pep rally at the team hotel. I was working so uncle James took care of Gavin.
The next morning we ate breakfast at a cute little cafe where we were scolded by a New Orleans local for not trying some authentic Louisiana cuisine. I'm sorry but catfish and oysters does not sound appealing for breakfast; we all stuck to scrambled eggs.
Here we are at the tailgate where we got to say 'hi' to Elise. They kept her very busy on the trip so unfortunately we didn't get to spend a lot of time with her but she had so much fun!
Finally we are at the Superdome! This facility was amazing. I loved being in an indoor stadium and I wish we had that here.
Gavin was an absolute angel during the game. He slept during the first quarter and then he was perfect the rest of the game, which was so surprising because it was way past his bedtime. He must have known how awesome it was to be there!
This season has been so amazing and very unexpected. We have been with our Utes every step of the way and it has been such a blast. I love that this game will be talked about for years to come and it is a great step to changing the very flawed BCS system. This team is definitely national champions in our eyes!!!!
2 comments:
What a fun trip! I'll bet it was incredible to be there!
How fun! I love Gavins pajamas!
Post a Comment