
Don't get me wrong; I am very grateful for the cooler temperatures this week and I usually don't mind the rain but I don't like when it is raining over a holiday weekend! We had lots of fun plans for the long weekend: a baseball game, the cabin, etc. but now it looks like those plans are ruined. Now I'm not sure what we will do this weekend!
Actually I do know one of my goals this weekend is to pack my hospital bag. I can't believe that in a week I will be considered full-term! I don't anticipate our little guy coming early, even though I wouldn't mind if he came a little early. I just want to be prepared in case he does decide to make his entrance earlier than expected.
For all you mommies out there, was there anything you wish you had taken to the hospital, or was there something you were really glad you took to the hospital? I like hearing what other people have done so I can be prepared.
Tonight is the season finale of Grey's Anatomy and numerous other shows have ended already. Is it just me or does anyone else feel jipped by T.V. this year? I mean these people didn't work for like six months because of the writers strike and then when they come back on T.V. they only give us four or five episodes! At least my favorite summer show, "So You Think You Can Dance" is starting tonight! Hopefully that will keep me satisfied throughout the summer; that is if I have time to watch T.V. :)
6 comments:
I was so glad to have slippers or warm fuzzy socks. You don't want to walk around the hospital with bare feet (especially in the bathroom) gross! Also, a robe was nice to have. Oh, and your own pillow and possibly blanket. You know how hospitals beds are, not really made for comfort. Oh, and about the coming home outfit. Its just really fun to keep the outfit they come home in, you'll always have a fun memory when you look at them. Every once and a while I'll pull the kids' outfits out and I'm so amazed that they were ever that tiny. Good luck! Oh, sorry, I'd bring good shampoo and conditioner too.
I didn't really have time to pack much, but when I got there I felt like I had all I needed except a nursing bra, I had my mom buy me one and it was a life saver, definitely bring one with you if you are planning on nursing.
Chapstick! I was so glad I had that. And my own pillow. But remember if you forget anything that's what your family is for!
I am glad I got a special coming homw outfit too. It is kind of something special to look at down the road. And you'll be taking a gazillion pictures too. Good Luck and keep us posted! I can't wait to see what name you decided on!
OUR AERO-BED!!! we didnt bring it with ella (we didnt have one actually) but we took it for cameron to sleep on when we had charlie... we figured it would be better than the "cot" they over to the husbands. I ended up sleeping on it! It was so much more comfortable than the hospital bed! If you don't have an aero-bed i would seriously go buy an egg crate mattress pad from wal-mart. best 20 bucks you would spend! i promise those beds hurt your butt more than pushing out that baby!
Oh and I agree with everyone else too! Also, it would be nice to have some shaved ice flavoring... lds hospital only has cherry (blah!) and since that is all you can have most of the time you are in labor it would be nice to have something good. i liked having pajamas too because the last hting i wanted is people seeing me in those sick hospital gowns. make sure to take some pjs that button though so there is easy access to the boobs
I agree with all of the above! :) This point is so exciting when you know he could come any day! We need a belly picture before he comes! :) And keep us updated on your appointments with how you're progressing and stuff! :) How exciting, Brynn! Oh, and sorry about the rain ruining the weekend--it's ruining our plans, too!
Woohoo! I don't know why, but I just barely came accross your comment on our blog and we're so glad you guys found us! We love your blog! See you soon at football games!
Post a Comment