For all you mommies out there, how important was it for you to have a "coming home outfit" for your baby? I have a couple outfits that would probably work but I'm wondering if I want to go buy something I really love. I know we will probably be taking lots of pictures of the little guy in his coming home outfit but was it really that important to all of you?
Every day I watch my little ticker count down the days until our little boy will be here. I'm getting very excited but also very anxious! I find myself watching "A Baby Story" and "Bringing Home Baby" a lot on TLC and although those shows freak me out a little bit I can't turn them off. I definitely think I'm ready to start this new chapter of my life and I'm hoping these next weeks pass by quickly.

5 comments:
I am not even pregnant but I watch those all the time (I will even pick it over Oprah and TMZ, I know crazy!!!) I never realized that a coming home outfit was important until Kellie and Michelle brought their kids home. I say get something special that you will always remember. When my little sister was born (six weeks early) she was brought home in doll clothes because she was so little...I think my mom still has it.
I saved an outfit that my mom had given me before I even knew I was pregnant - we brought him home in that...but it was HUGE! I suggest getting a "newborn" outfit cause even the 0-3 mo. outfits will be too big.(unless you have a 9lb. baby) It's fun to have a special outfit, but in the end - it wasn't too big of a deal.
Usually the 0-3 month outfits are too big (as with Jaxon ) but luckily I brought a couple of things with Peyton because he was huge! We took lots of pics in the coming home outfit.
i still love those shows! i was really spent a lot of time picking out a coming home outfit for both kids. all i have to say is go with lexis advice... the newborn size is perfect when they are that small. even for my pretty big babies!
Your coming home outfit will not fit him anyway so just come prepared with some preemie nightgowns.
Post a Comment