Friday, March 28, 2008

The End of an Era


I can't believe it but tonight is our last night in the mortuary. Strangely as I write this I can't help but get a little emotional; it must be those pregnancy hormones! As hard as it's been living there it has also been such a blessing in our lives. I think we have grown so much and we have learned to appreciate so many things.

I know there are a lot of things I won't miss, like the telephone ringing in the middle of the night, but it's been our home for the last two years and it will be strange to move on. We've been so lucky to have such good neighbors living in the other apartment. That has made things much easier when we have to work out numerous scheduling conflicts. Thanks T.J. and Rebecca!

We've started packing and it's amazing the amount of things you acquire without even realizing it! We will definitely be making a trip to the D.I. I definitely don't recommend moving while you are seven months pregnant; it's not so easy!

I will try and post pictures of our new place next week. I know it will be a mess for at least a couple weeks but I just need to be patient while we organize things. We are very excited and looking forward to starting this new chapter in our lives.
P.S. The mortuary is being totally remodled on the outside and it's almost finished. It already looks ten times better and it's going to be so beautiful when they are finished. If you are downtown drive by and see it because it looks fantastic!

2 comments:

Bart and Michelle said...

How exciting for you guys! I'm sure you do have mixed emotions, but it's so fun to get a new start! And just in time before the little guy arrives! Good luck with the move!

THE COX FAMILY said...

Congratulations on the move. I hope you enjoy your last night.