Monday, March 17, 2008

Busy Week


On Saturday we ventured to Babies R Us to start our registry. It was definitely overwhelming!! I'm sure all you moms felt like this when you were pregnant with your first babies but I'm starting to feel a little anxious about the whole baby thing. Registering just made me realize I have no idea what I'm doing! I don't know what things I'm really going to need and which brands are the best etc.

I have days where I'm very excited for our little boy to be in our lives and I can't wait to meet him. Then there are other days where I'm terrified for when he comes because I have no idea what to do!! I'm hoping all these feelings are normal and I'm pretty sure they will go away; right?


Today we are signing our lives away as we close on our condo. We won't actually get the keys to the condo until March 26th but we are signing the paperwork today (it's a long story). We are so excited to move in. Yesterday was our last Sunday on-call at the mortuary; that is so crazy!! Our freedom is fast approaching.


Tomorrow we are headed to sunny San Diego! I am so excited for a vacation. I'm really burned out with work (MUSS stuff is driving me crazy) so I can't wait to get away. Because of this big belly bump I won't be able to do much but lounge on the beach but that's fine with me!! I will be sure to post photos when we return!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean. Except I felt like that when I was in the hospital. Everyone just left and I thought, how in the heck am I supposed to know what to do! You will do great and I think some things you just figure out on your own what is best. And besides, all this little boy really needs and what is best for him, is just for you to love him =)

The Waldram Family said...

I think you need to convince Jesse to give you another Prenatal Massage... it sounds like you need one:) Good luck with everything and enjoy the warm weather.

Zane and Lexi said...

That is all completely normal! That is why we are having a shower for you...so you will feel more prepared! If you can believe it, I didn't even have any wipes when my baby came home - luckily they sent me with some so I had time to go get what I needed. You will feel ready when the time comes, by then you just want him out of you! It has been the best experience of my entire life - you will be a great mom! Have so much fun in San Diego, I'm jealous!

Trevor and Jordan said...

Brynn I will be in town conference weekend. Lexi will be throwing a baby shower I think Thursday night. I am so excited to come into town and see all my friends. I have missed you guys a ton. It will be fun comparing bellies and seeing us pregnant together. I look forward to meeting your little man over the summer. Have fun in San Diego! Those were the times, our spring break adventures to California...

Hickman Clan said...

May I recommend to you a book called "Baby Bargains." A new one is published every year with the latest and greatest... and things to stay away from. I used the book religiously while trying to decide on car seats and cribs and strollers and everything a baby needs. It seemed to help a little with the crazy overwhelming feelings:) The book includes reviews and recommendations for everything and I especially like that it tells you what products to stay away from. I LOVED it! Have fun in Cali.

liz0622 said...

I don't think you ever feel that competent at bein a MOm, but you will find out what works for you and become comfortable taking care of your baby. It will come naturally, but it will take time.