Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Relief Society President


My mom is the new Relief Society President in her ward. She is freaking out a little bit, which is understandable, but I know she is going to do an amazing job. As soon as she told me about the calling at first I laughed and then I thought "well that makes sense." My mom is so good with people and she is so caring. She is going to love those women so much and I know she is going to be a fantastic president.


As I've come to discover in this last year the hardest calling I've ever had has also been the most rewarding. I'm finally done as a gospel doctrine teacher which I'm happy about but it has been a really good experience. I've learned a lot and I have grown so much because of that calling. I'm really grateful to be a part of a church that challenges me instead of just letting me fly under the radar.

I'm excited to move into our new ward and see what kind of callings we receive there. I'm hoping I will get away without a calling for a while since I will have my hands full in the next few months!

2 comments:

The Waldram Family said...

Your Mom is going to make an AWESOME Relief Society President. The blessings will be tremendous for both the women that she is serving and for your family. Well wishes to your Mom and family:)

Barb said...

Congrats to your mom. She'll be great. I'm so glad you had a good experience with your calling. I think having a good attitude has so much to do with it! Will you guys be in the Monument Park 2nd ward when you move?