Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Funny Story

So I thought I would share a funny story with you. Most of you know my little brother Marcus; for those of you who don't know him he is 14, he is autistic and he LOVES sports. Every morning while he is getting ready for school he watches ESPN. He mostly watches the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen and what's amazing is he can read something once and remember it forever!


On Saturday night we were watching the Stanley Cup finals. At the same time we were quizzing Marcus with questions from "ESPN's All Sports Trivia Game." Marcus loves hockey so we were asking him hockey questions. The question came up "Which hockey franchise became the Phoenix Coyotes?" Two of the options were the "Minnesota Northstars" and the "Winnipeg Jets." Marcus said the answer was Winnipeg but the answer on the trivia card was Minnesota.


Well, Marcus was not happy to hear that we was wrong. He was adamant that the answer was Winnipeg! So we decided to look it up online and sure enough, Marcus was right!!! We all had such a good laugh over this and we think it's so funny that a 14 year old boy found a mistake with ESPN's trivia game!


We gave Marcus the ESPN trivia game for his birthday. We had no idea he would be smarter than the game! :)




5 comments:

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Way to go Marcus! That's pretty dang funny. I can't believe how big he is in that picture. I remember him so little... he would probably tower over me now.

Brynn and Jesse said...

He towers over me, but that's not saying much :) But he gets taller every day; it's so weird!! And his voice has gotten really deep!!!

Cotter said...

you should send espn an e mail so they know they are wrong

Mr. D said...

Maybe Marcus can turn his uncanny sports knowledge into a career writing trivia for ESPN! That is really funny! I am sure you were laughing for hours!

Me said...

Hey Brynn, thanks for the comment! I'll put you on my blog so I can check yours out too :) Take Care.