I decided to venture to Target last night because I needed a few random things and Target is the best place to find all those random things. Jesse had class so I had Gavin by myself which at this point in time is a difficult thing. I'm huge and all I can do is waddle so any kind of errands are tough, but we went anyways.
When we got there I asked Gavin if he would like to sit in the front or the back of the cart. He of course said the back which was fine with me, and seriously it is not worth the fight to put him in the front seat and buckle him in. That would have resulted in lots of screaming and crying from both of us.
As I'm strolling the makeup aisle a Target employee comes up to me and says "we need you to seat your child in the front of the cart and buckle him in." I politely (not really) said, "well if I do that he is going to throw a tantram. Is it store policy to make them sit in the front?" She then replied with "well we just have a lot of kids fall out of their carts and get injured." Seriously woman; if he falls out of the cart I can promise I'm not going to sue Target.
I told Gavin to sit down and we walked away. I can 100% guarantee this woman does not have kids because if you are a mom you know that the first rule of womanhood is never to criticize another mother for what she is doing. And on top of that, if you criticize a nine-month pregnant woman you are really taking your life into your own hands. I would have liked to cause a big scene but let's be honest, I'm just too tired. ;)
Gavin and I then headed to Cafe Rio which is always an adventure because he never wants to stand in line with me. So I'm trying to stand in line, order my food over the incredibly tall counter and watch Gavin run around to make sure he does not get kidnapped. After I paid I was finally able to get Gavin to stand by my side while I waited to fill up my drink.
In my head soda machine etiquette indicates if someone is waiting for the drink machine, and you are done filling up your drink, you should move to the side. This woman and her son seriously stood in front of the entire machine for two minutes while they tried to find the right lid, and grabbed multiple straws. She knew I was waiting behind them and it's not like I can squeeze in next to them unless they want to get belly-bumped. Luckily while all of this was happening Gavin did not run out of the door but seriously; move out of the way when someone is waiting behind you!
Needless to say I came home exhausted and beyond annoyed. Maybe it's the hormones, but why are people so annoying?!?
2 comments:
People suck sometimes. You shouldn't have to do anything when you're 9 months pregnant except take naps and watch TV!
Hey Brynn, been there! Worst mom-memories to date are of direct criticisms of how 'safe' my child was. And I always seem to cram in too many last minute errandy things in those last weeks when even the smallest of tasks are like heroic feats leaving you out of breath exhausted. Hang in there! You're on the home stretch :)
Post a Comment