Thursday, January 31, 2008

Were We This Bad?

I've been thinking a lot about my sister lately and the way she always chooses her friends over her family. She is a freshman in college at the U of U and I can't help but wonder if I was like that when I was her age. I definitely remember wanting to go out with friends all of the time, and there were times I thought I knew better than my parents (which I didn't), but I also remember feeling okay to stay home on a Friday night every once in a while.

I think independence is important at that age and moving to California for a summer was probably the best decision I ever made. I probably had a little too much independence in California (ha, ha) but I'm glad I was able to make mistakes and learn from them; especially when it came to dating and boys.

I'm a little worried because my sister is totally impressed with all of the athletes at the 'U' and she thinks they are so cute! I see the appeal because a lot of them are very good looking but I also know that a lot of them have BIG ego's and they are not good guys. She is naive to think that kind of boy is going to treat her well.

Ah, the joys of being in college. I loved my college years but I would never want to go back!!

No comments: