Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!

I feel like it has been forever since my last post but that's because of the holidays!! So here is a recap of our holiday break.

We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house. We eat lots of food and play Bingo and Pictionary. Also, as a long-standing tradition we play Christmas Carols on the bells. This always turns into a huge fiasco but everyone gets a good laugh.


On Christmas morning we slept in and then took our time enjoying the morning. We headed to my parents around noon where we opened lots and lots of presents. These are the two baby outfits we received; very appropriate!!
We gave my dad a painting of Apache for Christmas. Everyone loved it!!! (In the corner of the photo you can see our brand new Kitchen-Aid mixer!! I am so excited!!!!)


Next we headed to Jesse's parents to open more gifts and eat more food!! Here's Jesse's cute grandma opening our gift.

That night we went to my aunt and uncles house for even more food and presents. Sadly we forgot our camera so we don't have any more pictures.

After Christmas we were supposed to go to Park City with my family and stay at the Homestead. The morning we were going to leave (Thursday) I came down with the worst stomach flu ever!!! I could not keep anything down and that night I spent four hours in the hospital hooked up to an IV because I was dehydrated. Luckily everything is fine with me and the baby but I was pretty miserable for a few days.


On New Years Eve we were on-call at the mortuary so we spent the night watching "Ratatouille." I'm actually impressed that we stayed up until midnight and since we live downtown it was very loud when the new year hit.


So Christmas was great but sadly the rest of our vacation was disrupted by sickness and the mortuary. Now we are ready to start the new year!!! Hopefully this new year will bring a job for Jesse and a new place for us to live!!!!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Brynn! I'm sorry you got hit with that stomach flu! We had it here, too, and it was miserable! I'm glad you and the bambino are ok!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

So sorry to hear you got sick. It is NO FUN when you are prego!! Glad everythings okay and that you got some fun presents for you and the baby!! Hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

I am glad everything is okay! That can be scary.
You will LOVE your mixer. It is the best!!!

Bart and Michelle said...

The stomach flu must be going around--Spencer had it a few weeks ago! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Happy New Year!

Cotter said...

what!?! a new place to live? that would be sad! i like that you live in the mortuary... it is a good story! i hope you are feeling better!