We enjoyed our anniversary this weekend and I still can't believe two years has passed by. On Friday afternoon we finished our Christmas shopping. I am so glad to be done!!!! After shopping we ate dinner at the new Cheesecake Factory. Anyone who knows me knows I love this restaurant but I don't think we will be going back anytime soon. Just a warning: we were there at 4:15 and we had to wait 20 minutes. When we left at 5:45 the line was out the door and I'm sure it was a 3-hour wait. They built the restaurant way too small and there is no where to put people!! There isn't even a good waiting area and the tables are really close together. Maybe it will calm down after the holidays but I don't want to take my chances.
After dinner we went to Kingsbury Hall to see the Odyssey Dance Company perform "It's a Wonderful Life." The production was good and the dancing was awesome! We actually left early though because the performance was really long!
After that we checked into Little America. If you've never stayed at this hotel I highly recommend it! Our room was HUGE and the prices are pretty low. Plus the atmosphere is so fun. On Saturday morning we ate breakfast at the coffee shop in Little America; it was very yummy!!
Overall our anniversary was fun and relaxing. It was much better than last year!! If you don't know that story you will have to ask me about it. All I will say is don't ever stay at the Hotel Monaco!!!
As much as I loved getting married in December there are some drawbacks of celebrating our anniversary in December. For one, we are already spending money on Christmas so it's hard to spend even more on the anniversary. Secondly, everything is so crowded at Christmastime. Downtown is a nightmare and I got tired of having people everywhere!!! Jesse and I have talked about the possibility of celebrating our anniversary at the half-year point. That probably won't happen this June since we will be celebrating the new addition to our family!!
1 comment:
we went to Hotel Monaco once and it was just alright. we did like the gold fish and wished we could have taken it home :) we have always wanted to go to Little America, but haven't yet. we'll have to go there next time!
Post a Comment