"What do you want to do?" "Maybe we should blog," is something Dan would say (or at least something close to it). That crazy Dan. I never read blogs but my stereotype is that mostly Brynn's friends and a few bored randoms will read this; which means it's probably something worth skipping. With my warning out of the way, I am stoked about the Tour de France starting Saturday. I'm one of those posers who has been casually interested in cycling my whole life but I pretend it's my sole passion in life. I have almost every piece of equipment imaginable, except a bike. I'm pretty backward that way. I know enough to get me into trouble in a serious conversation but inevitably hit the wall by saying something totally non sequitur and embarrassing myself. I even think I'm a much better cyclist than I am. About a month ago, I poached my Dad's bike and took it up a trail. Yaddy yaddy yadda I fell down a mountain, slightly. I will be keeping up with the tour though and so should you. It's a great opportunity to see the beautiful, French countryside and dream of being one of those morons who run out onto the course when the riders pass, running behind them like a father teaching his kid to ride a bike. You're almost guaranteed to see a wreck to but those can be a little gut-wrenching. So if you want to pretend to be a hard-core cycling enthusiast, join me on Versus. (I would have posted a video but the link on the Tour's website is bad. Check it out though.)
Until I married Brynn, blogging was only a catch phrase. It was one of those buzz words I heard people say from time to time but didn't interest me in the slightest. It was also something that Dan Creer would say a few times a week in casual conversation when we would be bored (way back on '03).
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Le Tour
Posted by
JWhit
at
5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
glad you decided to blog jesse. cameron loves the tour too. actually it sounds like you to are pretty similar in realtion to biking.
You convinced me!
Post a Comment