Since many of you have two or more kids I would like to know your thoughts on double strollers. Gavin will be three years old when the new baby comes and I'm planning on going for lots of walks this summer. I am also hoping to do some moderate jogging so I'm trying to find the best stroller option.
I absolutely love the strollers that have seats in front and back; that way the stroller is not so wide. These strollers are usually very expensive and I would have to give up some comforts, like having a tray for snacks and drinks. The plus side of these strollers is, like I said, they are not wide so they seem easier to take to the mall, grocery store, etc. I haven't really been able to find a doube-wide stroller that is narrow enough to fit through doorways.
I'm also worried about the weight of a double stroller. I don't want something that is super heavy that I won't be able to lift it. I know they sell 'sit and stand' double strollers but I think I need something that would actually have a seat for Gavin so that it could be used on longer walks.
Suggestions PLEASE!
5 comments:
Oh, where do I begin! I may just consider myself a stroller expert. Only because having my kids so close together, I've tried almost everything! Living by the beach and on dirt roads and now in the snow!
First off - I'm personally NOT a fan of the one in front of the other just because they are like a BUS to push! IMO you may lose the width but you gain the length :)
I absolutely LOVE my double BOB. It is a dream to push (seriously, go test drive one) and great for jogs/walks and even SNOW!
Cons: it's pretty heavy. Pros: you can attach a tray for snacks, and attach a baby carseat. The seats lay completely down and there is a HUGE basket underneath to carry everything.
Soooo, don't tell but I also have a double Maclaren which I bought only because we couldn't fit the BOB in smaller sedans, another downside.
I really use this stroller for the mall, and other indoor outings. It is a skinner stroller and fits through doors and it folds up smaller.
Okay, I'll get off my stroller soapbox now :) Good Luck!
P.S. Both of these strollers I bought USED! The BOB was at an REI garage sale and the Maclaren on craigslist!
I'm totally worrying about the same thing. We need to brainstorm together. I really like the Phil and Teds but Danny refuses to get that one for me. He thinks having one person behind the other is a bad idea. I'm really thinking about the BOB or a Chariot. The Chariot is awesome because it can become a bike trailer and has ski attachments. I have a Maclaren and I love it. I would love a double, but I think I need one with bigger wheels. Let's talk soon.
I 100% agree with Alexis. I'll just leave it at that. :) Good luck with whatever you decide!
I have purchased a number of doubles strollers. Ultimately we went with the phil and teds and I have loved it. My kids don't mind sitting on the bottom and it works with little babies and car seats. I have used it to run but nothing further than 3 or 4 miles. We bought it for a GREAT deal because they were changing the model a little. Anyway, we love it but if I ever buy another double... I am going with the BOB. The only reason is that I want to be able to run longer distance and I don't think my phil and teds can handle it.
I borrowed my sister's side by side chicco one and I hated it! We bought the new chicco one that has one in front of the other, i think it's called the "together." and i LOVE it. It was worth every single penny of that $300! I use it all the time. I have had to run with it, only through the parking lot when it's raining :) and it did well, but it's no jogging stroller. I love it because it will fit a carseat but it still has a basket big enough. I knew having my youngest 11 month apart I'd need one I'd love, and I soo love it!
Post a Comment