Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Magic

I am absolutely loving the Christmas season this year! Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I'm sure Christmas is every kid's favorite holiday but it has continued to be mine throughout my adult life as well. I love all the traditions, the decorating, giving gifts, the movies, the music, etc.

However, this year my love of the holiday has been re-energized because of Gavin. He has been talking about Santa since before Thanksgiving and it is so fun to watch him absorb it all.  I can't wait to pass along all of our traditions and to make Christmas morning as special as I remember it growing up.

Speaking of traditions, we have a bunch that we do every year. Of course, decorating is one and Gavin wanted to help with everything.


We love going downtown to see the lights. Unfortunately we picked the most crowded day of the year so it was hard to see everything, but we still had fun.





Another tradition is making gingerbread houses with my family. It's always an interesting night filled with lots of frustration and lots of laughter.




3 comments:

Elise Harris said...

if gavin were any cuter he'd be mine. baha. ;)

Z said...

Cute! Traditions are the best part about holidays...well that and family time :) I love that your grandparents came to decorate gingerbread houses too!

Z said...

P.S. Are you starting to show yet?? Do we get to see any pictures of your baby bump anytime soon?