A couple weeks ago we made a very grown-up purchase: a new car! We know that in the future we will need a larger car, so now was the time to get one.
The downside to all of this was giving up my Civic. I have loved that car and it holds a lot of memories. I had that car all through college so it reminds me of drives to California, perfecting my parallel parking skills on Adams Ave., driving up the huge hill in North Salt Lake every night to hang out with boys, lots of laughing and lots of singing! The car also reminds me of my first years of marriage and it has been such a good car for us to have.
Needless to say I got emotional when the time came to clean out the Civic and leave it behind.
But the thing that makes it a little better is knowing I get to drive this from now on!
I feel much more grown-up in my CRV and I feel like I've graduated to a "mom" car. It's a blast to drive and I'm excited to make lots of new memories.
2 comments:
nice! we're in the market for a new car (or an old car - we just need a car) we've been looking at these and the honda pilot. You'll have to let me know how you like it!?
Oh so fun! Gotta love Hondas...last year we got rid of our Accord for a Pilot and love it! It really is amazing how a bigger car makes you feel more like a mom! :) And St. George looked so nice and relaxing!! So jealous of a warm get-away! :)
Post a Comment