Friday, December 18, 2009

Looking Back on 2009

Thanks to a bunch of you for this idea...

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Traveled to Oregon, which was gorgeous!

2. What would you like in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A bigger paycheck. :)  More free time to spend with friends.

3. My best memory of 2009.
I don't think I have just one. Celebrating Gavin's first birthday, seeing Marcus meet his idol, and lots and lots of good vacations.

4. What was your biggest achievement?
Probably seeing my efforts at work pay off. The MUSS was bigger than it ever has been, and we raised record amounts of food and money during the food drive.

5. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting the result I wanted from something even though I fought like hell for it.

6. Did you or someone you know suffer any illness?
Not that I can think of, thankfully.

7. What was your best purchase?
Tickets to the Sugar Bowl. It was a really hard decision but I'm so glad we went!

8. What behavior merited celebration this year?
Marcus scoring his first hockey goal ever.

9. What behavior appalled or depressed you?
Wow, this one is easy! The behavior of a certain coach who ruined the lives of so many people and
single-handedly destroyed the University of Utah spirit squad.

10. Where did all your money go?
Mortgage, groceries, bills and vacations.

11. What was your favorite song for 2009?
I loved all of Lady Gaga's songs until they were overplayed on the radio!

12. Who was your biggest influence of 2009?
My parents. I realized how much they love their children and how far they will go to protect their family.

13. What was your favorite new TV show?
GLEE!

14. What was your favorite new book?
I haven't really read anything I've loved this year.

15. What was your favorite movie?
The movie that touched me the most this year was 'Gran Torino.' It's on DVD and it is one of the most powerful movies I have ever seen, and one that will stick with me forever. Just try to ignore all of the swearing.

16. What is your favorite new fashion?
I'm liking the plaid shirts and definitely boots! Oh, and fun tights!

17. What has kept you sane?
My hubby and my sweet baby, my family and traveling.

1 comment:

Elise Harris said...

this literally made me cry. hahaha. im so mom.