Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas is coming....

I am officially in the Christmas mood. My decorations are up, Christsmas music is playing and I'm looking forward to the big day. I still don't have any presents but I'm trying not to stress too much about that. :)

This weekend really helped push me into the Christmas mood. On Friday we went to the Festival of Trees. Unfortunately it was super crowded but it was still fun.



I loved the Griswold's display. Very creative!



Here is one of the University of Utah trees. We donated a bunch of MUSS stuff to this one.




On Sunday we night we had the annual Russon Family Gingerbread Decorating! This year Jesse and I decided to be different and decorate a train instead of a house. BIG MISTAKE! The gingerbread broke into a bunch of pieces and the frosting would not even stick. Tell me, does this look like a train to you?



Everyone was having a hard time decorating but we had A LOT of laughs!



Elise was not happy with the way her house turned out.



We decorated our house on Saturday and so far Gavin has been pretty good about not touching the tree or any decorations.  However, I'm nervous this nutcraker is not going to make it through Christmas without being broken. Gavin discovered his toy sword and loves to pull it in and out of the pouch.




MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Grandma Julie said...

Love the train. I can almost imagine it's a train. Good luck with the Nutcracker! It looks like you all had a fun time with your gingerbread houses (trains).

Elise Harris said...

yippy yippy yippy yippy yippy glad we both have blogs now!