Friday, June 12, 2009

One Year Ago!

Next week is Gavin's first birthday and I'm remembering how different things were one year ago. One year ago today (Friday) was my last day of work before taking maternity leave. I wish I could take the summer off again but that's not really an option this year. :)

So many things were different one year ago:

*I had cankles and the only shoes I could get on my gigantic, swollen feet were flip flops

*My joints ached every time I moved

*I was getting about the same amount of sleep I am now because I had to get up and go to the bathroom at least once or twice every night

*My ribs felt like they were going to break from all the kicking

*I could actually sit and watch TV for more than two minutes

*Going to the grocery store or mall or any other public place was much easier - however, I didn't enjoy all the stares I got when I was out in public

*I had no idea how much love I could feel for such a small person


As much as I enjoyed my life before I had a baby I can't imagine my life without him now. The lack of sleep, frustrations and stressful times are all worth it. Our little man has been such a blessing in our lives and I can't believe an entire year has passed. I love watching him grow and change every day and I can't wait for the many years to come.





3 comments:

Barb said...

Happy Birthday, Gavin!

Bart and Michelle said...

Wow-has it really been a year?!? That went by so fast! Happy 1 Year! :)

Jenny and Brett said...

I seriously can't believe how fast time flies!! That means my Dylan's B-day is in 2 months, NO WAY!! They'll need to be little Utah friends :)