Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break Memories

Since this week is Spring Break at the 'U' I've been reminiscing on my college spring break trips. Pretty much every year I went to Newport Beach and of course, always had the best time! These trips hold so many memories and I can't help but laugh when I look at these pictures.
The photos are scanned so I apologize if the quality is not that great.


Spring Break 2003


This trip reminds me of the tennis tournament, crabs (ha ha) and watching L.A's two guy friends play "kissing chicken." That is a game where two guys would see how close they could get to kissing each other and the one to pull away would lose. Good times! This was the trip that really inspired me wanting to move to Newport and so we did; the summer of 2003 was spent at the beach with many good friends!

Spring Break 2004


This trip reminds me of Knott's Berry Farm, shopping, modeling in the ocean, kissing the wrong boy, and of course, laughing a lot!

Spring Break 2005


This trip reminds of being "mom," playing football on the beach, having sleeping bodies everywhere, Zac's hair and Jell-O (ha ha Mandy!)


This was also the trip where Jesse and I began our romance. I remember on the first night of the trip driving to St. George and Jesse was telling me about a girl he had just started dating. Jesse and I were good friends and we always talked about the people we were dating but for some reason as he was telling me about this girl I found myself becoming very jealous. It was the strangest thing and for the rest of the trip I always wanted to sit next to him, or hang out with him. The rest is history!

3 comments:

Z said...

Whatever happened to you wanting to move to NB???? I think you should! I totally forgot about the kissing chicken game...I think they made that game up just to impress you girls ;) Miss ya chica!

Hickman Clan said...

I was just thinking about those good times too! It would be a little different planning a trip New Port now with the hubb's and the babies:)... maybe we should do it!!!!?

Trevor and Jordan said...

I have the best memories of our trips to Cali. I look back and those are some of my fondest memories. What can I say it's where I met Trevor. If only we could still have those trips, maybe someday, when our kids are older. We'll have to plan it.