To say our 24th of July holiday was eventful would be an understatement. The week started when we went to see all the parade floats up close. Gavin loved it and he was even lucky enough to sit on a float for a few minutes.
On Thursday night Jesse and I saw 'Inception.' It was definitely the best movie I have seen in a very long time! I was on the edge of my seat for the entire movie and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. It wasn't as confusing as I thought it was going to be; and I think the previews make it look a little more sci-fi than it actually is.
On Friday we ventured to Raging Waters with my siblings. We haven't been in about three years and we had an awesome time; for about two hours. While going down a slide Jesse dislocated his shoulder. We are still not exactly sure how it happened; all he did was reach in front of himself and try to pull himself up onto the slide. I didn't think your shoulder could pop out by doing something so simple.
So, we spent the rest of the afternoon in the emergency room. Sadly this is not the first time I have spent a holiday in the ER, nor is it the first time I've sat in the ER in my swimsuit; but that's another story. :) He will be wearing a sling for the next two weeks and will probably need to undergo some physical therapy.
On Saturday we headed to the parade, which is my favorite thing about Pioneer Day! Gavin loved the floats and especially the motorcycles!
Saturday evening we spent swimming at Jesse's grandparents. Sadly Jesse had to sit on the side of the pool and watch, but it was fun to be with everyone. On Sunday we celebrated our niece's one-year birthday.
It's been a fun-filled weekend but I'm exhausted!!!
2 comments:
Ouch! I hope Jesse feels better soon!
Yikes! What a bummer for Jesse!
Post a Comment