Every year I venture on a long and frustrating quest to find a swimsuit. And every year I naivly think the swimsuit designers have had an epiphany and have started desiging suits for us well-endowed women. I should have learned my lesson by now; there is not one swimsuit designer on the planet who knows what it's like to have a large chest!
So, if there are any swimsuit designers reading this, here are a list of things to consider:
*Not every woman wants to show off "the girls" in a swimsuit. Many of us would prefer to be a little more covered up.
*It takes a lot more than a little shelf bra and padded cups to lift and support "the girls." Especially after having a baby!
*Just because you put underwire in a bathing suit does not mean it's going to do it's job.
*I would like to be able to purchase a swimsuit without needing to purchase another bikini top to wear underneath.
*Just because I would like "the girls" to be covered and supported doesn't mean I want to wear a T-shirt, or an athletic swimsuit
I know a few of you who read this blog have had this same problem. If anyone can sew, I'm seriously thinking it's time to start our own line of suits for the well-endowed. I even know the perfect name for our line: 'Bertha.' (sorry Michelle; I couldn't resist!)
6 comments:
HA HA HA!!! I LOVE IT!!! I'm all for helping in any way to get that line started!! This whole post was great--I couldn't agree more!
Amen! Seriously.... Get sewing! Or we need some advice from anyone who has bought a brand that
does its job! Logan is a small place... Which means I see a lot of former students at the pool all summer. Without appropriate attire that could make for a real awkward situation.... :)
Hi, my name is Jenn Stewart. this is so random but my husband, Taurean Stewart and your husband were mission buddies...in the same district and hung out at the MTC together. We came across your blog and kept meaning to say hi but never did. You'll have to tell him hi for Taurean, he's always thought a lot of Jesse.
I also wanted to let you know of an awesome website I buy my swimsuits from. I have two kids, currently breastfeeding and approximately a very large C-borderline D. I have purchased two of their swimsuits and have LOVED how they fit! They are also very modest.
modbeclothing.com
I have the knot-top in solid pink and I absolutely love it.
Anyway, you'll have to go check it out to see if you think anything would work for you. Just use there size chart to find the right size for you. It's pretty accurate, I didn't have any problems.
We also have a blog if you'd like an invite, you can just email me,
jennstew@gmail.com
I struggle with the same thing. People assume its a great thing to be "well endowed", but it makes most things really hard! I'm on board for starting a swimming suit line, I've wanted to do the same thing every year.
Have you ever tries Hapari swimwear? They are the best! Apperently they were designed by a well endowen woman so I really love them. The only problem is that you have to order online, or go to their store in American Fork.
"Bulge" underwear will soon have the answer and the line.
Post a Comment