I watched the fourth quarter of the Jazz game last night with Jesse and I realized it has been a really, really long time since I've watched an NBA game. I've never been a huge fan of NBA basketball and last night just solidified my opinions. Yes, I think it was exciting but that's mainly because playoff games in any sport are more exciting. Yes, I think these guys are talented but I hate how their attitudes and lifestyles have become a huge part of the game.
I feel like NBA players have a superior attitude and they have giant ego's. I'm not saying all players do, but the majority of them act like they walk on water. In other sports you have a few outrageous, prima-donna guys, but in the NBA most of them act that way.
I could not believe the tattoos I was seeing while watching the game. I really think that 8 out of the 10 guys on the court, at any given time, had tattoos covering their arms, neck, legs, etc. Since when did painting your body become synonymous with being a basketball player. I don't really want my little boy to think that's what he has to look like in order to be a successful ball player.
I want to see athletes that are grateful for being paid enourmous sums of money for doing something they love. I appreciate athletes who have a team mentality and not "me, me me." I don't know why or how the NBA has fallen into this state, but I wish it could go back to being about the basketball.
No comments:
Post a Comment