Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Not such a fun holiday

Unfortunately our Memorial Day weekend was not the greatest. We went to our cabin on Saturday which was nice and relaxing but Gavin has been sick all weekend. He started having flu symptoms on Thursday and hasn't really seemed to feel better since then.

All weekend we laid around and didn't do much. I enjoyed having a cuddly baby for a few days but he wasn't eating or drinking much so on Monday we decided to call the doctor. Since it was a holiday he advised us to head to the hospital so they could check him for dehydration.

While I'm glad we went to the hospital it was not fun. We sat in the waiting room for two hours and then we were there an additional five hours while multiple nurses, doctors, med students, etc. came in to check on Baby G. We decided to stay and give him an I.V. since he was dehydrated.

We were there a total of seven hours; not a great way to spend a holiday. Unfortunately Gavin is still not feeling great but hopefully he will start to recover in the next few days. NO FUN!

3 comments:

Steve and Liz Evans said...

No fun! I hate it when they are sick. I hope he feels better soon!

Cotter said...

boo on that! i am glad everything was okay though.

Joel and Michelle said...

oh bummer! I hate it when little kids are sick.